Monday, June 21, 2010

The White Nights of St Petersburg

Congratulations on the White Nights of summer! Tonight in St Petersburg, the sun sets at 11:25 - that's just 10 minutes from now! It's the longest day of the year ~ in the northern hemisphere, that is.


Here in Rostov-on-Don, we're 1000 miles south of St Petersburg, as I recall, and our sun is loooong set already, at 9:20, in fact. Say, dear blog reader, have you ever been so far north in the summer? How about in St Petersburg? Do share, please do!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I was living in Petersburg last summer, and over white nights it was amazing. I was teaching English and.. well the teachers like to go out, so often times I was on my way home while the sun was rising around 3am... when white nights was over it was a little unsettling to be in the dark again, traipsing through unlocked courtyards without the twilight. I miss it. :(

Anonymous said...

I would be impressed to see it. It just seems to be fantastic (:.