Monday, April 12, 2010

As Poland Grieves

Dear Friends, Greetings from Warsaw. A quick blog post to share with you sights and sounds on the streets here as Poland weeps. These photos were taken Sunday evening. I have lots more! This is for starters. More later. . .




Flags everywhere. The Polish flag is so simple - red and white - now with black ribbon added.



On New World Street, pockets of interviews.


Photographer found a unique perch - shooting from a portable toilet.


Now that's clever - not much can beat the view from a crane.


Near the Presidential Palace where the president's body is lying in state.


Photographer daddy capturing important day in little boy's life.


Polish flags for sale. I barely resisted buying. . .


From Copernicus and me, a solemn hello from Warsaw.

2 comments:

Mrs. Munchkin said...

What brought you to Warsaw? Was it this tragic accident? I remember the streets and people of Warsaw very well. I have been in touch with my good friend there who says things have just been crazy. The atmosphere that is. Prayers are with the families and the country.

Katie
mommy to Jack from Chelyabinsk and Grace from Poland

Kid said...

Hi Eileen, I didn't know how to do this privately so I thought I'd leave a comment.

My name is Don and I am an American in Rostov on Don going to university to try and learn Russian. I don't have to tell you that it's not easy. I ran across your blog because I am looking for a way to get to Simferopol for a weekend and you did just that. I live in a building owned by missionaries with YWAM and wondered if you have ever met them. If you haven't, it would be cool to get together and join forces or at least be friends. The more people united in the spreading of Jesus's love, the better that happens. I hope things are going well with you and plan to further read your blog. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Don.