Friday, January 18, 2008

This Frost-ing Takes the Cake

Now this frosted window is the best yet. It appeared on my balcony January 1st and I treasured it as a special С Новом Годом (New Year’s) gift especially for me. This frosting is even better than December’s frosted windows and manages to beat last winter’s best, that icy Medusa look.

Isn’t it magnificent? Looks like etching on glass, so fragile and beautiful, feather fronds of ice. As I studied it, creativity came to mind and The Creator came to mind and I was scratching my head, wondering if frost were mentioned in the Bible. Da, it is! Thanks to Nelson’s Complete Concordance, a 2-kilogram wonder, here’s what was listed,

God thundereth marvelously with His voice; great things doeth He, which we cannot comprehend. For He saith to the snow, `Be thou on the earth' . . . By the breath of God frost is given and the broad waters frozen. (From Job 37. New King James Version and 21st Century King James Version.)

How about you: What winter scenes or slices of nature have absolutely taken your breath away with their beauty? What have you found awesome?

No comments: