Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Pumpkin Fruit Muffins: Fresh from ze Oven


These pumpkin muffins are so good that I reach for this recipe often when pumpkin is in season. Better still, just heard about a clever do-ahead for serving fresh-from-ze-oven muffins for a holiday breakfast. Thanks to Mary Hunt from Debt-Proof Living for this magnificent muffin hint:

On the weekend make your favorite muffins. . .



. . .through the step of filling the muffin tins you’ve lined with paper cups.




Now instead of baking them, stick the entire pan into the freezer. Later, transfer the little frozen muffins into a plastic bag or something to save freezer space.



Come the glorious morning that calls for fresh, hot muffins, fire up ze oven, pop as many muffins as you’ll need back into the muffin pan and bake according to recipe instructions, adding about five minutes.



To catch a whiff, just run your cursor over the muffins. Can't you just smell them? ;)

Well, this freezer idea works perfectly, which continues to baffle me! Say, would you like the recipe? I'll post that very soon! That recipe Plus my own long-time favorite do-ahead tip for muffins, or any other baking.

How about you? Do you have a favorite, always-a-hit muffin recipe?

3 comments:

Rose said...

Yum, I love the smell of cooked Pumpkin Muffins. If you lick the computer screen, you can taste the fresh pumpkin flavor

Cara Putman said...

What a great idea to freeze the unbaked muffins. I'd never thought of that! Frozen plenty of baked muffins. Mmmm. I think I'll have to try it :-)

And Eileen, I'd like to send you a copy of Canteen Dreams as a Chirstmas present. Please email me at caraputman at gmail dot com.

Cara

Eileen said...

Hey Rose, thanks for your note. Oh...now I understand why my computer screen has been so... funny looking. ;)

Cara, Thank you for stopping by! Neat Idea about the muffins, I agree. It's simply amazing that it works, but it does and perfectly. And you know the aroma of muffins straight outta the oven is just simply hard to beat.

Also I am SO SO SO delighted about getting a copy of Canteen Dreams. I have recently developed a special interest in WWII era also and so I have REALLY been wanting a copy of it. So Merry Christmas to Me thank s to Cara Putman.